The core routes are:
- Orbiter (technically a link route as it does not go into the CBD)
- Purple Line – Airport, Burnside, Avonhead, Ilam, Upper Riccarton, Riccarton, City, Phillipstown, Woolston, Ferrymead, Sumner
- Yellow Line – Rolleston, Templeton, Hornby, Upper Riccarton, Riccarton, City, Linwood, Aranui, New Brighton
- Orange Line – Knights Stream, Halswell, Hillmorton, Addington, City, Richmond, Shirley, Burwood, Queenspark
- Blue Line – Rangiora, Southbrook, Kaiapoi, Belfast, Redwood, Papanui, Merivale, City, Sydenham, Beckenham, Cashmere
The connector routes are:
- 17 – Burnside, Bryndwr, Fendalton, City, Waltham, St Martins, Huntsbury
- 28 – Papanui, Northcote, St Albans, Edgeware, City, Sydenham, Waltham, Opawa, Hillsborough, Heathcote, Lyttelton
- 29 – Airport, Burnside, Fendalton, City
- 44 – Dallington, Shirley, Mairehau, St Albans, City
- 60 – Southshore, New Brighton, Burwood, Mairehau, Richmond, City, Addington, Barrington, Hillmorton, Wigram
- 80 – Lincoln, Prebbleton, Hornby, Sockburn, Middleton, Riccarton, City, Phillipstown, Linwood, Avonside, Wainoni, North New Brighton
- 85 – Rolleston, City
- 95 – Waikuku, Pegasus, Woodend, Kaiapoi, Belfast, Redwood, Papanui, Merivale, City
The link routes are:
- 100 – Shirley, Edgeware, St Albans, Merivale, Fendalton, Riccarton, Ilam, Upper Riccarton, Sockburn, Wigram, Halswell
- 107 – Northwood, Bishopdale, Northcote, Papanui
- 108 – Northwood, Casebrook, Papanui
- 120 – Burnside, Bryndwr, Fendalton, Riccarton, Addington, Barrington
- 125 – Redwood, Bishopdale, Airport, Burnside, Avonhead, Russley, Hornby, Westlake, Halswell
- 130 – Avonhead, Ilam, Riccarton, , Upper Riccarton, Sockburn, Yaldhurst, Hornby
- 135 – Marshlands, Burwood, Parklands, North Brighton, New Brighton
- 140 -Hornby, Russley, Upper Riccarton, Middleton, Riccarton, Addington, Phillipstown, Linwood, Woolston, Ferrymead, Mt Pleasant, Redcliffs
- 145 – Linwood, Bromley, Woolston, Hillsborough, St Martins, Beckenham, Sydenham, Spreydon, Somerfield, Hoon Hay, Westmorland
- 150 – Richmond, Shirley, Marshlands, Waitikiri, Spencerville
- 535 – Rapaki, Lyttelton, Heathcote, Ferrymead, Woolston, Bromley, Linwood
- 820 – Burnham, Rolleston, Springston, Lincoln
- F – Diamond Harbour Ferry
- 107 – reduced frequency from half-hourly to hourly, later start time and earlier finish time
- 108 – replaced by an extension of route 28 (which is slightly reduced in frequency due to the extension).
- 135 – there is to be a new route combining this route with 150
- 145 – Westmorland to Barrington is incorporated into a new connector service. Part of the route goes into a new 155 service between Lyttelton and Eastgate. Cashmere High students using 145 service will get a new school-only service.
- 150 – part of this goes into a new service combining with 135. However the Spencerville section of the route will be discontinued, except for school pupils who will get a dedicated service to the new QE2 high school.
- 155 – the new route from Lyttelton via Ferrymead, Woolston and Bromley to Eastgate. It will be a trial running three times daily on weekdays for 12 months.
- 535 – The Rapaki to Lyttelton section will be incorporated into an extension of Route 28 while the rest will go into the new 155 route (see above).
These changes will be implemented in October 2018.
Note that the 2018-2028 RLTP mentioned above, which implemented these changes, is now being replaced by the new one that has just been released for consultation.